Selecting objects in multiple layers at once?

neuri

Hi,

I'm using QSELECT to select all objects on a layer, sometimes I need to select objects from 5-7 layers.

Right now I use QSELECT, select 1 layer, click OK, open QSELECT again, select another layer and repeat. Is there a faster way to do this without scripts?

On another non-related question... I'm sure some of you do site drawings, how do you measure a curve? Some restaurants or cafes have a rounded serving counter, any tips on how you measure the radius to plot into autocad?

You could use the FILTER command, it is highly customizable, and enables you to set up and SAVE filters for use another time, or to create one on the fly.

Use a RADIUS dimension, DIMRADIUS at your commandline, or select the icon from your dimension toolbar or panel.

You may choose to show an internal and an external radius dimension. :)

DIMRADIUS on toolbar.JPG

The Radial dimensions are probably the most appropriate, but then too there are times when you might want to show a measurement along an arc too.

You can see the ARC icon on the dimension toolbar to the left of the RADIUS icon, or use DIMARC at the commandline.

arc and radial dim options.JPG

to add to the above post,

after invoking the DIMARC and selecting an ARC, you can type "P" for partial, and measure part of an arc if you need

I believe the OP is asking how to determine the radius of the curve on the ACTUAL serving counter to use in the drawing.

I would use a tape measure/straight edge or framing square if available.

sometimes it is easier to measure the straight bits or points in a cartesian fashion (like on a grid) and then plot the curve on after.

curve.jpg

Why not open the layer manager, grab all layers, unselect the 5 layers, lock the others, you are ready to grab objects.

or do you know command LAYISO?

you can use it to isolate only the layer(s) you want to see. after just hit the layer previous button to restore the layers you had switched on before.

Oh.. so many replies.

I was actually talking about measuring the radius of a curve on the actual site, not in autocad.

Framing square looks good, but the curves in a restaurant are sometimes very big. I'm asking because there are always differences in the cad drawing when comparing to the actual site and I need to be fairly accurate on the dimension for fitting of equipments.

But thanks for all the suggestions on selecting layers.

Oh.. so many replies.

I was actually talking about measuring the radius of a curve on the actual site, not in autocad.

Framing square looks good, but the curves in a restaurant are sometimes very big. I'm asking because there are always differences in the cad drawing when comparing to the actual site and I need to be fairly accurate on the dimension for fitting of equipments.

But thanks for all the suggestions on selecting layers.

If the radii are larger, get a longer square or straight edge. If really large you can use a laser. Accuracy is money.