presspull on an revolved object

ami bappi

Hi, i am a new user of autocad. I've drawn a 3d object by revolving a 2d surface. the problem is, if i draw a box and want to presspull an area on any of its surface i can draw draw the area on that surface, but when i try to draw the area to be presspulled on the 3d object that was drawn by revolving it doesnot come on the desired surface, rather it comes on the X-Y plane. how to solve that problem

thank u very much for your help :)

i have attached a jpeg and dwg files

in the drawing for the the smaller cylinder i have first drawn a rectangle by rectangle command and then revolved it. i could draw a circle on its flat face and pull it.

for the larger cylinder i have drawn a rectangle by drawing forlines by line command

and then revolved it. but i cannot draw a circle on its flat face.

i have tried by both making the cylinder a block or not it didnot work

my ducs is on

o:)

IM1.jpg

Drawing1.dwg

A much easier way to create a cylinder is by using the CYLINDER command. :wink:

Or even create a circle and use PRESSPULL to give it height, although clearly CYLINDER is even easier.

It looks to me like what you THOUGHT was a rectangle, and revolved to create your large cylinder, was done with ORTHO off, and did not have square corners,

and so when you REVOLVED it you did not wind up with 2 flat ends, which is your problem now. Look at the images and you will see what I mean.

Start over for the big one using the CYLINDER command.

the large top is not flat.JPG

noncylinder in back.JPG

;) thank u

actually my point was not to make a cylinder

i was trying to build a 3d object by revolving a 2d object built by several lines and then press or pull on its flat surface which didn't work out

in the meantime i"ve figured out that if i build that structure with POLYLINE instead of LINE the problem is solved when revolved.

the first process actually creates a bunch of surfaces with a hollow inside

but second process creates a solid automatically generating a region within the boundary (which doesnot happen at the first process)

but yet a problem remains

can i draw areas on a lonely surface like i can on the face of a solid :unsure:

your last two posts have come while i was composing my post

i saw your attachments after i posted

you are right ,the larger cylinder is a surface.

and i see what you mean

thanks a lot for pointing that out

In order to generate a 3D Solid with the REVOLVE command, and most of the other MODELING commands you need to start with a CLOSED Polyline.

If you don't you'll create surfaces.

PRESSPULL is much less picky, you can use lines, arcs, polylines and all manner of entities which have never been formally introduced, as long as they are coplanar. :)

You can draw them, but not much more.

You're welcome. :)

Some of these commands may include the MODE option, which enables one to specify whether to create 3D Solid or a SURFACE. :wink: