a couple of licensing questions!

davesec

hi!

i was hoping i could find some answers here:

1) could anyone give me an approx. value for an autocad LT 2010 license? i'm guessing if a new version is $1200, and it costs $600 to upgrade from 2010 (according to the website), somewhere in the range of $400-$500 is about right?

2) if i were obtain this license but didn't want to upgrade, is there a site i can go to download the 2010 LT version and use my license?

thanks!

You cannot legally purchase earlier versions of AutoCAD or AutoCAD LT. The current version is 2013.

If you do obtain LT 2010 there is a good chance that when you go through the online registration and activation process you'll be denied. Your software will stop functioning after 30 days. You will have no program and you'll be out whatever you paid for it.

You would be better off saving your money and downloading the free 2D version of DraftSight by dassault systemes. It is remarkably like AutoCAD.

thanks! i had no idea you can buy earlier versions of autocad - i guess once your version is outdated you're stuck with it for life, and can't even give it away?

Well you could, I suppose, but if it is one of the versions that requires the user to go online to activate it then chances are it would be worthless.