How I c an use command line to change text and arrow size and style?

zmarcoz

Dear all,

My current company have funny setting. It is time consuming task to manually open dialog box to change the setting for old drawings. May I know any command that I can use, so that I can copy and paste those command in the command window to change the properties.

Thanks

Are the settings to which you are referring DIMENSION STYLES?

A DIMSTYLE includes both ARROW and TEXT definitions.

The same is true of MULTILEADER STYLES.

Are you trying to recreate the company DIMSTYLE in a new drawing, or to update the DIMSTYLE used in old drawings?

You can use the MATCHPROP command on a selection set, or else you can select all CTRL+A and change the DIMSTYLE in the PROPERTIES palette.

What I mean is that whether I type an ONE LINE command like "dimstyle/text/font/height = 0.25; dimstyle/text/arrow/height = 0.25" to change the font and arrow size. I want to do that so that to modify all setting can be just a simple copy and paste.

You can use the DIMSTYLE command, which will take you to the DIMSTYLE Manager, where you can select a DIMSTYLE, then MODIFY.

Once you have the DIMSTYLE like you want it, you can apply that DIMSTYLE wherever you want to use it, in either of the ways I described in my earlier post.

Each DIMSTYLE has its own settings, you can not just assign a text height which will be used in all of them.

But, if you insist on doing it in a similar fashion, you can set the TEXT HEIGHT in your TEXT STYLE, which will then override any text heights specified in particular dimension styles.

The arrow size does not offer any such global option, the arrow sizes are controlled on the LINES AND ARROWS tab of the dimstyle dialogue, and so, by the DIMSTYLE of the dimension being referenced.

However, as earlier stated, you can have a different ARROW SIZE specified in a MULTILEADER definition.

You may try to do this by typing the below AutoLISP statement on prompter, or even by defining a toolbar button with it as macro,

(progn (setvar "DIMASZ" 0.25) (setvar "DIMTXT" 0.25))

although I second Dadgad's position on using dedicated dimensions styles instead of overriding their features.

I have never tried it but you can also use design centre to drag a dim style from one drawing in to another. I assume this gives you the option of matching your current drawing with the style set up from another.