Adding transparency to Solid Fill areas

Daniel C

Hi All

Firstly, thank you for providing a fantastic resource for all ACAD users, of all abilities.

I have a question which sadly the search function hasn't helped with.

I would like to know if it is possible to turn a solid fill area into a transparent appearance.

This is in a 2D drawing.

Many Thanks

Daniel

Hello Daniel, welcome to the forum, that is nice of you to say. :)

I rarely have any use for transparency, and just gave it a shot, attempting to change the

transparency from BY LAYER to different numeric values, and didn't have any luck.

Perhaps there IS a way, and likely somebody else may know one and be able to help you.

Isn't there a "transparency" property for objects in Civil 3D?

Making a "solid" fill "transparent".:? That's my chuckle for the day.:lol: Thanks.

Yeah, what my objective is would be to fill an area with a transparent colour, not a solid colour, hopefully that is a bit more understandable.

Have you seen this by Dana Probert ( BIM on the Rocks)

Civil 3D 2011: Using AutoCAD 2011 Layer Transparency for Civil 3D Objects

One of the new features for AutoCAD 2011 is the ability to make a layer transparent. Since Civil 3D 2011 is built on AutoCAD 2011, you can take advantage of this new tool. Think of all of that hatching we’ve done over the years- how awesome to make it transparent!

It should work for solid fills yes?

Thank you very much for the link ReMark. I appreciate you taking the time, and yes it was what I have been looking for. Many Thanks.

Thanks ReMark, I've seen it around, just not had any real use for it, although I am a big fan of the X-RAY visualstyle.

When I tried this a few minutes ago I changed the transparency of a solid from BY LAYER to numbers ranging up to 90, but couldn't see any change.

Is it meant to display too, not just for printing, right?

I think i have turned it off globally in my SYSVDLG.

Now I got it working, had to change my HPTRANSPARENCY variable setting. :beer: