Sharing Read Only dwg's

funk

I need to send a drawing to a client but don't want them to be able to edit it, but want them to be able to xref into their drawings.

I have added the dwg to autodesk 360 but it does not show any of the xref files (it has 8 and they are necessary).

I cant seem to work out how to DWF, can you save as dwf in infinite model space or does it always come out as a layout? I would like if I could save it as a dwf and for it to function like a dwg in model space.

Help appreciated as always.

cheers

funk

There are a few ways to lock down your files but I would say no matter how you lock your files down, someone can unlock them if they want to. If it's your client then I would think that it's set down in the contract if they should recieve the DWGs or not. I would not be a happy client if I got locked DWGs when I am paying for a job.

If I understand DWF's correctly, they function similar to PDFs so they won't do what you want them to do. PLus a quick Google-search leads you to plenty DWF-to-DWG-converters..