Outline views

This is going to sound silly but how do I get the system variables up? I'm pretty sure there isn't a dialog box for them in 2007....just need to know individual command line entries. SELECTIONCYCLING isn't it

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• iainlines

• Dadgad

• ah7391

• MSasu

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Not silly, this system variable dialog is a reasonably new (2012?) express tool, also very informative.

If you look in the Autocad help section (F1) under commands alphabetically listed, may be your best way.

But if you enter SELECTIONCYCLING at the commandline and it isn't a recognized command, you probably don't have

the functionality in 2007. :beer:

Nope....bah!!! Oh well, much appreciated anyway. Thanks. Your emoticon/smilie thingy has just reminded me that I am doing a 16 hour day and have no beer left in the fridge. This is terrible!!!

I'm pretty sure you can access system variables in AutoCAD 2007 through Express Tools. As a matter of fact the capability to do so goes as far back as AutoCAD 2004. Look for the SYSVDLG command under Express Tools > Tools.

OVERKILL should be an express tool, also.

For the OP problem, just draw a rectangle around the shape in plane view then use BO (BOUNDARY) and it will create a shape of the outline.

I'm pretty sure you can access system variables in AutoCAD 2007 through Express Tools. As a matter of fact the capability to do so goes as far back as AutoCAD 2004. Look for the SYSVDLG command under Express Tools > Tools.

Excellent! Having started on 2009, I wasn't aware EXPRESS TOOLS went back that far, and for some reason I thought that SYSVDLG was new.

I felt sorry for iain longing for those magical tools. :beer:

OVERKILL should be an express tool, also.

For the OP problem, just draw a rectangle around the shape in plane view then use BO (BOUNDARY) and it will create a shape of the outline.

You mean to say you think BOUNDARY would be easier than SOLPROF? :shock:

I don't believe I have ever used that one. :huh:

You ain't just whistling Dixie! :beer:

Thanks everyone for the advice! Finally got it to work and getting a handle of AutoCAD.

Though, I do have one more question...

I've turned ortho mode on but it seems to only want to draw a line in one direction... In other words, it's not letting me draw a straight line in all four directions, but rather in just one direction and 180 degrees from that direction...

Does that make sense?

In Orthomode you should be able to draw your horizontal lines (left & right) and vertical lines (up & down). I guess that is what you mean by the "four directions".

Right. But for some reason its only letting me draw in the horizontal direction... It doesn't let me go vetical. :(

Your UCS is rotated. Try UCS, World.