Missing Object Properties

hi,

joined the forum as a last resort to a really infuriating (but probably simple problem)

Juts had Acad LT 2009 re-installed on my new laptop, and all of my old settings, desktop preference etc have been wiped. No problem, couple of hours to set it back up.

BUT

When right-clicking on any object to bring up the properties, (line length, text height etc) the properties do not appear in the drop down box on the right, or in any 'quick properties' display

It may just be a tick box somewhere, but any help much appreciated

thanks

NeilAcadProp.docx

Then I'd suggest running a REPAIR. BTW...did the IT department also download and install any service packs?

What antivirus program is being used? I would temporarily disable it during the REPAIR process.

hmm As i dont have administrator access to run updates & patches and service packs, I'll have to run the risk of getting the IT bods to sort it (cue 2 month wait!) :shock:

Was hoping i'd just missed a tick box somewhere

I'm waiting on a full version of 2013 to be installed, but it very tricky working without being able to check and change properties easily

Cheers

Welcome to the forum. :)

Might you happen to use TIME SENSITIVE right click?

In OPTIONS (does LT have them?) on the USER PREFERENCES tab,

you might want to explore the RIGHT CLICK settings.

Typically LEFT click on an object to select it, at which point the QUICK PROPERTIES palette springs to life.

Right click on the border of your quick properties palette, which will take you to where you set

the properties which you want reported for different entity types.

If nothing is checked, then nothing would be reported.

quick properties on.jpg

quick properties settings.JPG

hmmmm I think i 'may' have found a problem

when i try entering 'dsettings' in the command line or clicking on the settings tab as described above, i get the message 'unknown command'

I have a feeling something is missing from my Acad files from the install

Maybe a full re-install is the answer?

I would try a REPAIR first. If that fails then a REINSTALL would be the next logical step.

If a REINSTALL is done you better inform your IT department that there is a recommended procedure for uninstalling AutoCAD that should be followed. It is posted on the AutoDesk website. They should also download and install any updates (formerly called "service packs") that are available as well. This is why I don't trust to the IT department to do the job correctly.

Removing AutoDesk products....http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=2887771&linkID=9240617

Updates/Service packs....http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/index?siteID=123112&id=2334435&linkID=9240618#section5