Change multiple text at once

Hello, is it possible to select multiple text in a file and change the content of all of them at once?

Similar to the attribute, when you select different blocks and change their attributes at once.

Is there a method including lisp that can do this?

No not all text is the same, and the problem with find replace is that i don't want to replace all the same notations. I don't want to change all "C1" to "C2" for example. Just some of the "C1" text i select. The rest need to remain the same.

Multiple attributes, can be changed at once, by selecting them and in properties meniu write a new value.

I want something similar to that but without a block.

How would one distinguish between all the instances of "C1" that you want to change and those you don't? Would they be on a different layer or done in a different color?

There is no differance, all "C1" are the same. All "C1" I want to change will be manually selected and the rest will not.
Find & replace gives you the option to find & replace only within selected objects in the dropdown list to the right. Make your selections (pickfirst = 1, pickadd = 1) then just type Find either in command line or dynamic input, and do a replace all. Edited by Dana W

Certainly FIND & REPLACE could be used, that is what it was designed for,

and by cycling through all found instances, as Dana suggested, you could do what you describe.

Depending on how may instances there might be in your drawing, you might just want to manually select them,

then in your QUICK PROPERTIES palette or the PROPERTIES you could change the content of them all at the same time.

Certainly FIND & REPLACE could be used, that is what it was designed for,

and by cycling through all found instances, as Dana suggested, you could do what you describe.

Depending on how may instances there might be in your drawing, you might just want to manually select them,

then in your QUICK PROPERTIES palette or the PROPERTIES you could change the content of them all at the same time.

Sorry, I edited while you were typing. I had forgotten that the Find & Replace will work on selected objects, at least 2009 does. Hopefully the OP's 2008 does too, but maybe not. That may be the quandary. Then cycling through them all and going Yes, no, no, yes, yes, no, no, for a while is the only way.

Hey, that PRoperties way might even be faster.

Apparently acad2008 can find&replace only selected objects. But this is not exactly what i want. Not all the times the texts i have to modify are the same.

If I only had a handful of ones I wanted to change, I would just use my QUICK PROPERTIES palette and change them in the CONTENTS box.

ScrapbookPhotos#5786578507252578002

In 2008 you can't change the text directly in properties tab, you have to click the 3 dots to the right of the text. This takes me in all the text boxes where i have to change the value manually to all boxes.

I want to select the text, enter the new value, and when i press enter all of the selected text will change to the new value.

If i have instead of a text box a block with attributes, i can do it this way. I select the blocks and change the value of the att, and after i press enter all att change. I don't understand why i can't do this to simple text.

Use the lisp routine by Lee Mac. As far as why AutoCAD works one way for plain text and another for attributes I can't explain it. You'll have to take up the subject with the good people over at AutoDesk who wrote the program.

Then I don't know what to tell you. I think you are making this task much more complicated than it needs to be. Find & Replace will work since YOU are selecting the text. Simple and effective. I know Lee Mac's routine will work too since once again YOU select the text that you want it to change. Unselected text is not affected.

Instead of using multiline text, if you use DTEXT, then multiple items can be editted at the same time using the properties box. I too am having trouble understanding why find and replace does not work for you.