Random: DRAWING1 becomes active window after opening up another drawing

tbone1031

Ok ppl, this one has me scratching my head. I have created a lisp routine that creates a script file for printing purposes. It has worked very well the past 10+ years. The issue I am having is when I have the lisp routine initialize the script file and AutoCAD opens an existing drawing, SOMETIMES the DRAWING1 becomes the active window, preventing the script file from continuing. All I have to do is select the drawing to be printed as the active window, and the script file continues. Out of 20 stations, mine is the only one that has been doing this. It gets annoying because I have to constantly monitor AutoCAD and see if it has stopped. I am using AutoCAD MEP 2012 with SP2 installed, and yet it still happens randomly.

Oh yea... and it even happens when I do a manual drawing open...

Any ideas?

• 4 weeks later...

Did you figure this out?

It's happening to me too, if i'm working on a drawing, then open another to check something/print/etc, the drawing I'm working on will jump to the foreground while the one I wanted to check hides in the background....

Most annoying when you're not paying attention and you close without saving, then realise you've lost an hours work.... :unsure: :oops:

Time for a brew I think....

ETA - Vanilla Autocad 2013, with CadMep 2013

No, I still have not gotten anything. There is no rhyme or reason also, it comes and goes. I'd say out of running 30 prints of drawings, maybe 5 drawings have this issue. Driving me crazy...

• 1 month later...

I noticed that there was an update to the video card driver I was using (NVidia Quadro 2000) and once I updated to the newest driver, the issue went away. Been like 2 weeks and no more issues. I hope this helps others with the same problem!!!:D:D:D:D:D

• 2 months later...