system variable - dimassoc

I understand that exploded dimensions are non-associative, I tried numerous

Regrouping methods to no avail. But the QDIM command seems quickest.

Dimensions created with QDIM are not associative but may be associated individually with DIMREASSOCIATE.

still a time destroyer though.

; Dim2asoc.Lsp - This routine changes all ASSOCIATIVE dimensions

; that have had their values changed by the user

; and resets them all to their default values.

; Warning - works on all layers, whether frozen or not.

Tried this lisp routine it basically reset all my dim variables but didn't regroup unassociated dimensions to the associative type.

DIMASSOC

Controls the associativity of dimension objects and whether dimensions are exploded.

0 Creates exploded dimensions. There is no association between the various elements of the dimension. The lines, arcs, arrowheads, and text of a dimension are drawn as separate objects.

1 Creates non-associative dimension objects. The elements of the dimension are formed into a single object. If one of the definition points of the dimension moves, the dimension is updated.

2 Creates associative dimension objects. The elements of the dimension are formed into a single object, and one or more definition points of the dimension are coupled with association points on geometric objects. If the association point on the geometric object moves, the dimension location, orientation, and value are updated.

DIMASSOC is not stored in a dimension style.

Drawings saved in a format previous to AutoCAD 2002 retain the setting of the DIMASSOC system variable. When the drawing is reopened in AutoCAD 2002 or later, the dimension associativity setting is restored. If a legacy drawing is opened in AutoCAD 2002, the DIMASSOC system variable takes on the value of the legacy drawing's DIMASO system variable.

You seem to think DIMASSOC=0 is still some how related to being an associative or non-associative dimension, it is neither, as I stated it is an EXPLODED Dimension. Even the Defpoints are gone. You will need a program to draw actual dimensions over the exploded ones and delete the old.

Like I stated, may not be possible, but you never know.

Thank-you, I have had to redimension each dimension catching many revision updated errors in the process, revealing obvious design inconsistencies that existed, although undected. Solidworks has helped. Maybe a Lisp routine exists but i haven't seen it yet.