Script Issues: Not performing correct command or skipping command.

asad112

I have searched around for a similar problem, but did not seem to find it. If anyone can point me to where this has been discussed, this thread can be closed.

Anyways, I am about to pull my hair out. I have used a program called Script Maker v. 1.0.4 to create simple batch scripts to update attributes in my title blocks that exist in multiple drawings.

This is the essence of the command:

PSPACE

GATTE

APPROVALDATE

[here I enter the new text]

Y

_QSAVE

CLOSE

When those commands are generated on with a script containing the desired files, for some reason the script malfunctions around the 7th drawing.

Today, I downloaded a demo of Hurricane for AutoCAD, which is a more user friendly program that does just about the same thing.

This is the script it generates:

(LOAD "C:/PROGRAM FILES (X86)/HURRICANE/LISP/TB_WIZ1.LSP")

;-------------

TB_WIZ1

"title-sheet"

approvaldate

09/19/12

REGEN

;-------------

Again, it works first few drawings (in this case the first three drawings), but malfunctions on the fourth drawing.

This is very frustrating because I had no problems with this on my previous computer. Now, on a new faster computer, I having these problems. I am even having them on the exact same drawing files that had no issues on the previous computer.

I have attached the text as it is executed in both versions.

Thanks!

Script1.txt

Script2.txt

I have tried entering a 3 second delay after each set of related commands, it didn't seem to fix the issue. As a matter of fact, it just push off the problem to drawings later on in the sequence. It is so bizarre.

Yeah, they all have the attribute. I confirmed this by going in manually and performing the commands and it worked fine.

I am trying it now with Autodesk Script pro, and I am having better luck because it uses a timeout feature when a drawing is not responding. From the 16 drawings in this set, #7 through #10 do not update. Oddly enough, script pro shows a status of "failed" for the successful updates, and a status of "done" for the unsuccessful updates. Therefore, I think I have been able to narrow the problem down to this hookup:

Command: _.SCRIPT

Enter script file name : C:\Users\Adam\Desktop\TEST.SCR

Command: PSPACE

Already in paper space.

Command: GATTE

Initializing...

Select block or attribute [block name]: 0,0

Command: 0,0

Unknown command "0,0". Press F1 for help.

I am certain that there is a block located at 0,0. Because when I going in manually and perform GATTE, and enter 0,0, it shows me all the attributes available for modification.

After a lot of guess work, it appears the problem was that the script was not finding the coordinates I was providing. I had a few drawings where "0,0" (as "0,0" were the coordinates I was providing to gatte) was obscured by the bottom of the workspace screen. The simple fix was to add a ZOOM and then EXTENTS command before GATTE.

I swear, sometimes AutoCAD presents us with the most trivial and aggravating of issues. Anyways, thanks you guys for your input.

I think you answered your own question earlier: after adding a three second delay more files got processed and only later files started to fail.So try 4-5-6-7-8-9-10 second delays until the set is complete.

I have posted elsewhere the problem of zooming sometimes, in some lisps you do the same manually and it works because you have zoomed in, this has been a problem with Autocad for say 20+ years. Its a hidden bug its like if you can not see it I will not work, simple work around is use Z C 0,0 scale this way you control how much you can see, using Z E can bring other problems that wrong objects will be picked.

You should not need any time delays. I have processed multi drawings and never needed time delay.

I would use a bit of lisp to get entries this stops any problems of autocad using and continuing on rather than asking.

PSPACE
(setq ans (getstring "\n[here I enter the new text]'))
GATTE
APPROVALDATE
ans
Y
_QSAVE
CLOSE