dynamic block stretch mis behaving

dbroada

I have a dynamic block of a PLC module. I have some visibility states to show various plug & socket arrangements which work ok.

I also have a polyline to represent either a module fitted (short) or not fitted (long). I didn't want to map all possible visibility states so I am using a distance|stretch combination.

This works perfectly in the block below BUT this shows the polylines away from their final position. When I move them to the left (150, 175 & 200mm respectively) they stop streching and just move. AAAARRRGGGGHHHH!!!!!

Anybody know why?

AADvance-3way-module-front_without-term board.dwg

Problem solved!

It seems that when I moved the polylines the stretch frame didn't go with them. The reason I constructed the stretch frame outside of the main block was to ensure I only selected one polyline at a time. Oh well, all sorted.

But why did the polyline move rather than do nothing?

I was going to refer you to our resident Dynamic Block expert dbroada, and I see he has you sorted out.

I've seen that happen, it seems to be the same as when you include an entire object with the STRETCH command. Seems the Stretch Action was under the assumption the entire line was included in the Action.

Either that or the Dynamic Block Gods were challenging you!

This just proves what goes around comes around. Dynamic Block Guy creates problem then Dynamic Block Guy solves problem. Dynamic Block Guy gives self a pat on the back. Kind of like being in the Hall of Mirrors.