PDF Overlay printing problem

geocad

Hello all,

I have a PDF file that I am using as an overlay for my drawing. When I open the PDF in Adobe Reader it appears to be all gray with a few red circles. I reference the drawing and change the display to monochrome to make the red circles gray and then print. When I print from AutoCAD to our plotter everything looks fine, but I need a PDF of my plates, so I print to Adobe Acrobat. When I do this the PDF overlay now has all kinds of colors. It appears that everything in the overlay PDF plots in gray, but also plots in blues and greens, almost as if there are two overlay PDFs. I cannot figure out where these colors come from as they do not appear when I look at the PDF on its own. Where could I find and how do I change these attributes. I don't have Illustrator, but imagine that it would help. I really just wanted the overlay PDF to be in monochrome.

I don't know if it helps, but this drawing is a detailed floor plan.

Unfortunately I cannot post any examples.

Thanks,

Josh

It turns out that the problem only occurs when I use a polygonal viewport. I have used polygonal viewports before with no problems, so I am unsure what happened. I will write this one off to CAD gremlins.

Thanks for the reply Mike.