hatch text background color

betina490

Hello, I have a problem with hatching. I drew ground plan of my house and I named each room (kitchen, bedroom, etc.) . Now I had to hatch that plan (solid pattern with some color) but I would like my letters to be in standard color(e.g. white). They stay white but the problem is that the whole block of text (background) stays black. Is there any chance to change the background of the text so that the letters stay white but the background gets the color of the other parts which are colored when I defined solid pattern?

Im really sorry for my english but I hope you understood me and I hope you can help me. Thank you very much

When you have clicked to create both corners of your multiline text box, the text editor window appears. In the upper right area of the window, there is an arrow. click the arrow and you will see a text options menu. Select Background Mask... from the menu. Click the Use background Mask check box and then select the color you want the background mask to be filled with. You can also use the drawing background check box, which is no color at all. I believe the hatch island detection will honor the background mask around the text. Be careful how big you make the initial empty text box, the background mask will fill the entire text box. There is an offset control on the background mask edit box that will let you control how far the mask is offset outside of the grips on the text box. You might want to experiment with different justifications for your text to see how that effects the background mask. Right center,left center, middle center, all those different justifications might change the way the background behaves.

In your dimension style editor, you can select to have a frame drawn around the dimension text, and select a color to fill that frame. The color does not cover the text.