Check my isometric drawing of three views

sean214

You posted orthographic views, not isometric view.

Isometric is the image on graph divisions that you started with.

Your views are almost all wrong, particularly the right side view has extra circles that who knows where those came from and the top view is a different depth front to back than in the right side view.

You have object lines where you should have center lines.

AutoCAD 2012 I see. Good.

Construct the object in 3D then use the Base View command (Annotate tab > Drawing Views panel) to create the three views. Just a quick mock up. No real dimensions used in the creation. Reproduce at your own risk.

3DObject.PNG

3DObjectViews.jpg

Construct the object in 3D then use the Base View command (Annotate tab > Drawing Views panel) to create the three views. Just a quick mock up. No real dimensions used in the creation. Reproduce at your own risk.

Normally I would agree with you on using Base View (or is it Viewbase?) in a production environtment. In this case I'm guessing it is an exercise and the more important lesson is learning the basics of orthographic projection. Maybe the use of viewbase for self checking after creating the views?

.... In this case I'm guessing it is an exercise and the more important lesson is learning the basics of orthographic projection. Maybe the use of viewbase for self checking after creating the views?

I am still required to teach old-school orthgraphic projection like the assignment in this thread. Funny thing is though - I always solve as 2d generated from 3d to generate my key before I ever walking into the classroom to demonstrate the old-school technique.

I am still required to teach old-school orthgraphic projection like the assignment in this thread. Funny thing is though - I always solve as 2d generated from 3d to generate my key before I ever walking into the classroom to demonstrate the old-school technique.

That's perfectly understandable J.D. you know what you're doing and need to get things done in a timely fashion. Your students on the other hand must learn what an orthographic view is and how to produce one.

Remember the old board method of projecting lines from a 45 degree line?

Sigh, I have a lot to do..better get started...thanks

[ATTACH=CONFIG]38554[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]38553[/ATTACH]

Remember the old board method of projecting lines from a 45 degree line?

Yes. I still use that method in AutoCAD when I'm working in 2D - I even use a variant where I use a line at another angle if I have a cranked/angled unit.

dJE

Yes. I still use that method in AutoCAD when I'm working in 2D - I even use a variant where I use a line at another angle if I have a cranked/angled unit.

dJE

I've done that as well. Years ago I took a class called 3D descriptive geometry that introduce me to methods for using projection planes and lines for finding intersections and such. It was somewhat involved and I'm a little fuzzy on the methods now.