Hatching creates a group

BryanC

A college, using AutoCAD 2009, is having problems when hatching.

If using a polyline, for example, to create a hatch boundary, and then creating the hatch, both the hatch and the polyline are included in a group.

• How do I turn group select off so that the polyline or the hatch can be selected separately?
  • How do I set the hatching up so that the hatch and polyline are not grouped together?

I have had some success using the 'Toggle value of PICKADD Sysvar' and the 'select' button but I have not been able to repeat my success so I obviously don't understand what those buttons are doing. Any help there will also be appreciated.

Thanks

Bryan

I disagree with your answer Dadgad. The result of enabling "Create separate hatches" is that the user could erase the hatch pattern from one object while leaving other hatched objects intact even though all objects were hatched at the same time.

I believe the answer lies more with the boundary and whether or not the user has enabled the "Associative" feature.

I agree with ReMark that the create separate hatches controls the behavior of 2 hatches created at one time.

As far a I recall, if a hatch is associative the boundary polyline can be stretched and the hatch will continue to adapt to fill the polyline.

You can always elect to retain (or not retain) boundaries via Boundary Retention checkoff box.

What is your PICKSTYLE setting by the way? Mine is 3.

I disagree with your answer Dadgad. The result of enabling "Create separate hatches" is that the user could erase the hatch pattern from one object while leaving other hatched objects intact even though all objects were hatched at the same time.

I believe the answer lies more with the boundary and whether or not the user has enabled the "Associative" feature.

Right you are, reading comprehension running in extended sleep deprivation mode, very busy, time constrained. :beer:

Hi ReMark

Pickstyle settings was the answer I was looking for. The AutoCAD help does not describe the function well, but playing around a bit I achieved what I want I wanted. Pickstyle set at 1 works for me.

Thanks

B

Thanks for the confirmation re: PICKSTYLE Bryan. I think I'll look into it a bit more and see if I can find a more definitive answer. Glad to hear you got it squared away and thanks for updating us.