Importing from Altium designer

Imaced

The electrical engineer send me .stp files of PCB from Altium designer and I opened it but the size is almost 20 mb and its take all parts separately, it took too much memory for using it in assemblies right now. Does anyone have any ideas how to reduce the size and how to make a single part? thank you and sorry for my English it is not my language.

You can set it to open in single part file in Options, but it will still be large.

I recommend setting Options to Save as files are opened and the Shrinkwrap simplified assembly to a single part.

I haven't explained how to do this, so you will have to experiment with Shrinkwrap.

• 1 year later...

I have no idea how to use that program, but to change the colors on an imported STEP file in Inventor - right click on the body select Properties and then Strip Overrides.