I need help writing a program to make changes to a print.

lwm94

I need to write an autolisp program that will change layer colors, create new layers, change block attributes, make sure attributes are on the correct layer and set the color Bylayer, without the user having to pick them. Then change the name of two layers.

I am totally lost, when it comes to writing a program from scratch, I am still trying to learn autolisp.

Welcome to CAD Tutor lwm94

.... that will change layer colors, create new layers, change block attributes ...

All this in one go? Since you are dealing with a block, the command Bedit / Attsync would be enough. (me think) :)

Is there more to it than that lwm94?

I have 6 different layers that need colors changed, 5 new layers created, and 10 blocks to change their layer color, and 3 layers that need renamed, and it all has to be done with a lisp program because I have too many different old dwgs that are being updated to do it manually. And I need it to do it without user input.