Please help me how to get the x and y coordinates of grid on drawing.

ashnav_msit

Hi Friends,

I have a question. Now i am working on setting up the grid system for drawings . My task is after setting the grid label the possition of equipments od Data Center( e.g ups, panels) on drawing. I am able to set the grid but i don't know how to get my grid coordinate identifiers(x coordinates and y coordinates) which will help me to label the equipments.

It could probably be done with a custom lisp routine. There are many such routines scattered about the Internet. Have you tried searching for one?

Can you attach an image of one of your drawings so we know what we are dealing with?

What coordinates would you be looking to obtain? Ex. - the lower left-hand corner or the center of any piece of equipment.

Would the coordinates always fall on the grid?

I have a lisp routine that will kick out the X, Y and Z coordinate of any point that is selected. It puts it onscreen however so if you did not want the coordinates to show when you plot your drawing you would have to put them on a layer that is set not to plot.

You were the one that said coordinates I believe.

I suggest you look on the Annotation tab of your Tool Palettes and use the Tag - Imperial or Tag - Metric depending on what units you use.

i am using Architectural length type with units - inches. But how annotation is connected to the coordinated of grid?

does i have to type all the coordinates? Is it not automatically come?

You type it in yourself.

I think there might be a lisp routine that would do it automatically. It will take me a moment to check. I'll be back.8)

Lee Mac's Incremental Numbering Suite might work. Find it here...http://lee-mac.com/numinc.html

Even better is Lee's Incremental Array program. Find it here...http://lee-mac.com/incrementalarray.html

There you go.

Already done. See post #13.

Calgary? I was there once, a long time ago. Nice place.

I waited as long as I could for your response but seeing none I guess I am done here. I'll be going out on a field inspection shortly and will be away from my desk for a couple of hours. Good luck. I hope you find what you are looking for.

Edited by ReMark

I'm back. The inspection took longer than I thought. We're busting out concrete around two 480V electrical lines. Couldn't kill power to them because the way our grid is set up. It was cold out too!

Did you check out both the lisp routines? Did you test either of them?

Yes, I liked Calgary. As a matter of fact I pretty much liked all of Canada. I traveled almost the entire length of the country on my way to Vancouver to visit a good friend of mine. I especially liked the side trip I took to Banff and Jasper.

meet18: I think you are slightly confused about what is being discussed.

The name LISP derives from "LISt Processing".

Lisp is a high level programming language.

You can learn more about AutoLisp here at Jeffery Sander's website...http://www.jefferypsanders.com/autolispbeg.html

Edited by ReMark