Press/pull problem

tonyj

Hi all. Can anybody explain this to me? If I am in model space and I place a point, say for argument sake at 50,50,50, and then maybe place a second point at 100,100,25 and while doing this I am using the WCS. I then create a solid cube and draw a circle on the top face of it and do a press/pull on the circle, and what do you know, my coordinates are all screwed up and the two points that I placed at the start are not where they were before I done the press/pull. Does anybody else find this happening? Or can anybody explain why it happens?

Murph,

I'm using full autocad 2011 at work. Do you mean DUCS, if so I've just tried it, on and off the result is still the same.

Yes Ducs the Dynamic USC, I didn't have ACAD open to verify it.

Attached is drawing. The problem seems only to be when the UCS is set to 'top' view, when it is set to 'world' the coordinates are fine. Before doing the press/pull the coordinates for 'top' and 'world' were exactly the same but now they are different.

PRESS-PULL.dwg

Thanks JD. My main reason for posting was that I was hoping someone could explain to me why is it that the press pull mixs up the coords between 'top' and 'world'. It might never be an issue but could become one if the person doing the drawing was not aware of this, because as far as my understanding goes, 'top' and 'world' are identical (assuming press/pull has not been used).

WUCS.jpg