Okay, Wire Tag Question...

pqphillips

We have a client that, instead of the standard wire tags, wants to see a wire tag based on the to-from system, where it labels where it's coming from and where it's going to as the wire number.

I've exhausted my own research capabilities and have come up with nothing. Any help from you wonderful folks would be appreciated.

do they want the same number on both ends of the wire or do they want the number to start with the local from at both ends?

Not that I can actually help but I was under the impression that it defaulted to the behaviour you are asking for. In fact that was one of the reasons we have shyed away from electrical as our standard has wires marked with the local connection only.

1.jpg

What I'm talking about is the wire connecting CB10012 Terminal 2 to PW10012 Terminal L1.

Electrical has an auto numbering sequence for the wires based on drawing number and rung number (in this case, the wiretag would say 100121 for drawing 100, rung 12, instance 1, which is the wire connecting the two terminals mentioned before).

What the client wants is for the visible wire number to indicate the source terminal and destination terminal. Something like CB10012:2-PW10012:L1.

I don't want to have to go in and manually change every wiretag, which is why I am wondering if there's a wire number format option I could use to get this information automatically.

that is how I thought it did work. I will try to remember to check my manual when I get to work tomorrow (however, don't hold your breath - I'm unreliable at remembering things).