Crosshair and mouse pointer don't align

Siberian

For some reason when I use isometric view or some other form of 3D view, the mouse pointer doesn't conform with the crosshair. If I hover the crosshair over an object, another object about 7 cm above it on my screen highlights! Still, if I try select an object, it's the one beneath the crosshairs that gets selected. Using the wheel to zoom however, follows this other illusionary point. Anyone got a solution for this wierd behavior?

• 5 months later...
You might want to try this, in your OPTIONS ...

I have the same issue....anyone know if there is a solution. The above didnt work for me.

Is this an autocad bug??

thx

Welcome to CADTutor! :)

This isn't a bug. :|

I suspect that if you snap to one of these objects, then switch to your TOP view you will find that your OSNAP was tracking the object in question, but with

an altered Z state.

Look in OPTIONS on your Drafting tab, and you will likely discover that one or both of the settings highlighted in yellow in the attachment is/are mandating this behavior.

phantom box tracking.JPG

I have experienced altered "Z" states in the past. It sually happens when I power down my nuclear sub-system for the evening. LoL