LISP to get past the "Dense Hatch Pattern" Dialog Box

rayg11757

I wrote a LISP program that works in AutoCAD 2006, but is not working properly in AutoCAD 2013. Part of the program creates a hatch using the standard AutoCAD “Line”pattern, where the hatch scale is very small. The small hatch scale is required for doing numerical integration using the high-density hatch lines.

Presently, the program runs on AutoCAD 2013 only when the hatch scale is set to 0.10 or more; but when the hatch scale is set to 0.01 or smaller, the hatch is not drawn and the LISP program bombs. Based on my research, I have set the MaxHatch variable to a very high value, (setenv "MaxHatch" "1000000"), but the LISP program still bombs below the same 0.10 hatch scale.

Interestingly, when the hatch command is started from the command prompt, I can set the hatch scale to 0.0001 and although a “Dense Hatch Pattern” dialog box appears, the very fine hatch is drawn after selecting the option: “Create a dense hatch pattern (not recommended).”

Is there any way to bypass this “Dense Hatch” dialog box using LISP Code so that a very fine hatch is created directly from the LISP code?

Thank you for your help.

Ray

(command "-LAYER" "N" "sp-Hatching" "C" "YELLOW" "sp-Hatching" ""
"-HATCH" "Properties" "*LINE" hatchsc "0" "Select" selset "" ""
"-LAYER" "OFF" "*" "N" "")

Hatch-Dense.jpg

Edited by rayg11757

SLW - Sorry about that... I knew better and it won't happen again. I edited the post.

GP - Thanks so much for the suggestion. Worked GREAT!!!!!!!!

Thank you very much,

Ray

Next Problem: GP's suggestion worked great for creating a very dense hatch. In my original lisp program, the hatch used the *Line where the "*" inserted an exploded hatch. I need the hatch exploded so I can obtain the start and end points of each line. Now, however, when I explode the very dense hatch, the lines all disappear. The hatch is gone even with all layers "on" and "zoom all." If I change the hatch scaling to a larger number, the hatch explodes just fine. I tried the burst command, but it did not work.

Is there a way to explode a dense hatch without the hatch being deleted by AutoCAD?

Ultimately I need the individual lines, and I know there will be many. Exploding a dense hatch was not a problem in 2006, so I'm wondering what I doing wrong with AutoCAD 2013. My experience is that AutoDesk is pretty good at leaving previous functionality intact.

Thank you - Ray

GP- Between you and praying, this suggestion helped quite a bit!!!!

Changing the system variable HPMAXAREAS = 0 seems to have allowed the hatch density to increase significantly to a level that is functional and accurate enough for my purposes, (although If I could make the hatch spacing just a little more dense, I probably would). Previously I could only hatch to a resolution of about 0.1, and now I am able to hatch to 0.0003 without the routine bombing. I've been trying different things to see if I can get the program to fail, so I think that changing this variable to zero really did the trick.

Thank you very much for the suggestion. I hope to someday be as knowledgable and many of the members on this site.

Ray