Bizarre text

hello

I have been trying to use the tcase command to change text case on a current drawing. some of the text is listed in properies with :\A1 and various other squares and ( etc .). can somebody please explain to me what the problem may be and if there is a way to change this text. When I try exploding it and chnging to mtext the fractions and all parts of the text is exploded as well. Please advise

What you are seeing is formatting and possibly special charcters that are not in the font being used converted to text. Post an example and someone may be able to help.

Please explain exactly what you are trying to accomplish and the steps you are taking to get there and the problem you are having getting there. If possible, post an example drawing file.

I have a large group of files where i need to change all the text to upper case. Some of the text is normal mtext and the tcase command works find but when i chose a large group the above mentioned text stops the process and I have to go through each piece of text separately. Attached is a example drawing

200HF-A140 test.dwg

Yes, the text has been formatted within the text editor and needs to be removed before that command will work. Look for a LISP routine called STPMtext at this site. It will remove the formatting for you.