uploading libraries is taking forever...

kililio

Hi,

When I wanted to load Revit Libraries there was none..

I'm trying to upload Revit Architecture 2013 libraries (US imperial metrics) but it takes forever to upload....

I did it via the Revit launcher in control panel 'add/remove' program on windows 7 64 bits

is that normal ?

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
I did it via the Revit launcher in control panel 'add/remove' program on windows 7 64 bits
Huh? :? Come again? I must have missed that one on my Win7-64 Pro.

As for the libs, they are quite huge yes. Tending towards 1GB or more is nothing strange. So downloading them (note I'm also a bit confused about the "uploading" part) might take a while. Previously we had no end of trouble with this since our country's ISPs are rather useless, not to mention expensive and slow. Had numerous sessions which would time out after downloading 70% of the lib, thus had to restart - even with that download manager ADesk gives to subscription members. Cost me a fortune (around 50% of a new Suite license) as well as a wasted month to get the entire Building Suite 2012 downloaded including its content libs, went with TELLING the reseller they needed to give me a set of DVDs for 2013 ... OR ELSE!

Huh? :? Come again? I must have missed that one on my Win7-64 Pro.

As for the libs, they are quite huge yes. Tending towards 1GB or more is nothing strange. So downloading them (note I'm also a bit confused about the "uploading" part) might take a while. Previously we had no end of trouble with this since our country's ISPs are rather useless, not to mention expensive and slow. Had numerous sessions which would time out after downloading 70% of the lib, thus had to restart - even with that download manager ADesk gives to subscription members. Cost me a fortune (around 50% of a new Suite license) as well as a wasted month to get the entire Building Suite 2012 downloaded including its content libs, went with TELLING the reseller they needed to give me a set of DVDs for 2013 ... OR ELSE!

amazing story...I solved that issue by unchecking all the others libraries and downloading one by one ;) so i restarted the same process like 5 times

amazing story...I solved that issue by unchecking all the others libraries and downloading one by one ;) so i restarted the same process like 5 times
Yeah, unfortunately we were doing lots of international work. Both Imperial and Metric depending on the country's requirements. And thus I needed the US, EU, AUS, etc. libs :shock: ... so you can imagine just how much I needed to download! Fortunately I've changed jobs a few months ago, now most of the projects are local - makes for easier consistency.