Solidworks or Inventor

BEKA

Since I have experience in 2d/3d AutoCAD 3DS Max. I would like to get skill in Solidworks, Inventor or any other simillar software.

Which one would you recommend to me.

I appreciate your help.

Thanks

@beka - both programs almost act the same way, 3D going to 2D (Solidworks & Inventor) so it depends to you which one you prefer but for me I'l go for SW I find it more easy to use (at least to me-I never tried Inventor).

BTW, both programs are expensive you might wanted to get a trial first then after the trial you may decide which program you like. 8)

It depends on what you want to do. SW deals with complex surfaces and has better rendering results. Inventor has better fea and simulation. They are really similar but since you have 3ds max I'd go with inventor since you can easily import inventor parts and assemblies and render there.

I have used both and currently use Inventor for manufacturing concept to manufacture designs (well for the last 13 years that is), both are the best in the business for mechanical design and they more more or less work the same way. The advantage Inventor has these days has to be in interaction with other Autodesk products . You will get Autocad free when you buy Inventor and they work well together. You can buy a suite that will include Inventor ,Autocad, Fusion, 3d Max, Mudbox, Sketchbook, Showcase, Alias Design all bundled for a small extra cost than Solidworks. Alias and Inventor work together very well as does Inventor and Fusion. Solidworks is older than Inventor and has more commands in just about every feature, the problem with this is it can make it quite difficult for a beginner to get around at first. Both are huge programs and will take many years to master every feature so download a free trial of both and spend some time looking at what works best for you.:)