Annotation Menu Also Change DIMSCALE

Mike_Taylor

I have written the following code to have the DIMSCALE on our drawings to update according to our Annotation Scale selected from the menu on the bottom right. Right now its set up though a menu along the top.

^C^C^P_Dimscale;$M=$(rtos,$(/,1.0,$(GETVAR,CANNOSCALEVALUE))[,2,0])

I am hoping there is a way I can have this code run when I select my annotation scale through the menu at the bottom.

Is there a way of simply adding thiscode to the CANNOSCALE command to make it do that? Or is it done another way.

We also need this to work with LT, to we are limited for options.

The only way i can think of is having a lisp with a (defun c:CANNOSCALE ())

BUT THAT IS PROPBLY A BAD IDEA

I would not have the experience to do recommend or not recommend this approach.

The only way i can think of is having a lisp with a (defun c:CANNOSCALE ())

BUT THAT IS PROPBLY A BAD IDEA

I would not have the experience to do recommend or not recommend this approach.

I would love to do this with a LISP routine, but as mentioned in my original post, this has to work with LT (which does not support LISP).

As said, I want to know if it is possible to "tie" a diesel macro to the Annotation Scale menu in the bottom corner.

The issue I am seeing right now is that the menu seems to be an interface that changes your CANNOSCALE system variable for you and I cannot seem to locate where the system tray is located to be modified (or even can be modified).

Just realized I put this in the wrong thread.

I could not seem to find anything with the Drawing Status Bar in the Interface Customization at all (I am assuming this cannot be edited through conventional methods).

So, I was able to create a work around for now. I created a script that look something like this:

^C^C_dimscale $M=$(rtos,$(/,1.0,$(GETVAR,CANNOSCALEVALUE))[,2,0])
^C^C_script "Dimscale"

the Dimscale Cript Looks like this:

setvar "modemacro" 
$(if,$(=,$(getvar,dimscale),$(rtos,$(/,1.0,$(getvar,CANNOSCALEVALUE))[,2,0])),Correct,Incorrect)

Everything works pretty smoothly. When the CANNOSCSLE is updated a message appears as to whether the DIMSCALE value has been updated accordingly. If it has not the use simply runs the command again.

Now is it possible to make the MODEMACRO message stand out more (Bold Text, larger text etc.)

The other way to go would be to create a Dropdown control list (I dont know if LT would be able to implement a Diesel Macro with this though).