Swapping title blocks/sheet border while keeping information

wrightjd

Hi,

Having a little trouble with replacing a company logo in a drawing. I've been given one template to work from and done a heap of work before realising that I'd hadn't updated the company logo to my own. The problem now is going through and manually changing each drawing I've completed. Rather than this I'm looking for an automated solution.

I've attached the 2 drawings to show what I mean. GT.dwg is the new border I need to use and OLD_BORDER.dwg is the old border.

I would be looking to simply replace the existing border with new border. The big problem is copying the information from the old title block into the new title block and only replacing the PEA logo with the Globetech logo. Attributes in the two borders are the same and the names of the two borders are the same.

Has anyone got any suggestions? I'm far from handy code but trying to learn.

Thanks in advance

Dan

OLD_BORDER.dwg

GT.dwg

what I would do is rename the old border to match the new one then redefine the block using design centre. You may need an ATTSYNC after but it soulnds like you will be OK.

Hi Dan,

I haven't yet looked at your files, but from your description, since you state that your attributes are the same, you should be able to use (assuming GT.dwg is in your support path/working directory):

(defun c:redef ( )
   (command "_.-insert" "OLD_BORDER=GT" nil)
   (princ)
)

To redefine your block whilst retaining all attribute values, block positions, scales & rotations.

I'm VERY new to this site but have used it in the past when i was JUST starting with CAD (2 years ago). I have a somewhat similar issue to wrightjd. My title block contains 5 individual blocks that are populated with attributes. I want to be able to change the attributes on a givin block and have it automatically transfer to the identical blocks within my sheetset. Please help, as indicated, i'm pulling my hair out on this one. Thanks in advance.