Cant get intersection between 2 lines

lufc100

Hi,

I'm trying to find the point where 2 lines intersect. I extend both lines so they cross. But when I try to draw a point over where they cross & select intersection on the snap menu, it will not snap to where the 2 lines cross. Any ideas folks? I've attached the drawing.

Rgds,

Martin.

Ground Floor.dwg

Just had a look at your drawing and at each line, there are two lines. When you try for any sort of Intersection snap, AutoCAD is confused as to which of the four lines it should use. Erase the duplicate lines, and try again.

All the Z values are not identical, so as dbroada suggests, the Apparent Intersection snap will work.

As eldon said, the lines are not coplanar and you have duplicates so AutoCAD is getting "confused."

Use the "flatten" and "overkill" command to clean things up (assuming the duplicate lines are not needed and the lines can be on the same plane).

Also, note that APParent intersection does not require that the lines be extended so that they cross. It will figure that out for you, that is, where the Lines would intersect if they were extended. It can even work for Arcs.