Fatal error

jiggly_jelloo

Each time I try to open the layer properties menu (or type the layer command) I get a fatal error

FATAL ERROR: Unhandled e06d7363h Exception at fdd49e5dh

Our IT guy is supposed to be fixing it and I have been able to manage for amfewndays with the issue but I have to start some new drawings tomorrow and kinda need the layer properties ;)

Thanks,

Colleen

Have you tried doing an Internet search on the error message?

Have you visited the AutoDesk website and searched there as well?

You might suggest the IT guy run a REPAIR of your installation. This can be done through the Add/Remove Programs option of the Windows Control Panel.

Update.

I tried a search on your error message but found nothing.

AutoCAD 2009. Do you know if all updates/service packs were ever installed?

When did the problem first happen?

Does it happen in a particular drawing or in any drawing you work on?

Edited by ReMark

Have you tried doing an Internet search on the error message?

Have you visited the AutoDesk website and searched there as well?

You might suggest the IT guy run a REPAIR of your installation. This can be done through the Add/Remove Programs option of the Windows Control Panel.

Update.

I tried a search on your error message but found nothing.

AutoCAD 2009. Do you know if all updates/service packs were ever installed?

When did the problem first happen?

Does it happen in a particular drawing or in any drawing you work on?

I did try googling it but found nothing either, but I did find some similar issues (same problem but different error code) I tried some of the solutions there ( setting LAYERDLGMODE=0) and that allows me to get into the layer property menu and works for me.

I got a new computer about a month ago and I didn't have any issues with it for the first few days then I started getting the fatal error. It does it on every drawing I open. I am assuming that all updates have been installed since they just reinstalled ACAD on to my new computer. I will double check with IT to find out what updates have been applied to my computer recently. I have seen a few of these issues having something to do with .NEt so I will get him to look into that as well.

As always, Thank you so much for your help!

Ah yes, the infamous .NET Framework bug. I've seen this said to be the source of numerous problems. Not sure what percentage really are caused by it however.

If the system variable LAYERDLGMODE seems to fix the problem (for how long though?) you could always add it to your acaddoc.lsp file as such:

(setvar "LAYERDLGMODE" 0)

Now everytime you opening a new drawing the variable will be set.