Inserting a new tab in between existing layout tabs and the names that go along!!

weewillie720

I was hoping that someone may know the answer to the following question. When I create drawings, I generally have quite a few layout tabs. Also, thse tabs are numbered 1 through to N. On many occasions, a revision or addition may be necessary and it may have to be inserted in between two existing tabs. Doing so is not a problem, however, keeping the numbering sequence in order without having to rename every tab in that file is a problem.

Can anyone help?

P.S. I only have LT. ;)

Thanks in advance!

I think your stuck with manual methods in LT you may be able to write a script that renames the layout tabs though it could be a bit tricky as you would have to have a script for each say 4 tabs 5 tabs etc

• 2 months later...

I believe with the program you have (and if I am understanding your question correctly :lol: ) you should be able to slide the tabs where you want them to go, just like reordering your website tabs on the internet.

Kick-ass a bit more complicated if you add a layout between 3+4 then how do you auto renumber ? Is it 3A ? LT is a problem could be done with a script as I said before that edits the layout title block attributes with Lisp no problems.

Ohhhh! I see what you mean. Considering the fact I'm taking mechanical B right now, so I ususally don't have more than 1-3 tabs open :D . (Just curious, is 2013 that different from 2014?)

I wish you could also change the colour of tabs like Excel:( , I have been dreaming of that one since I put down the Rotring and picked up the mouse.

Dodge8)

A script will do it for example

layout
r

r
1a

r

The r is for the option rename, you will need to work backwards with your numbers ;), it could be a bit of pain typing out the script file for a large list but if you use excel it could be automated to some extent. And you will need to physically order your tabs, but for the renaming the physical order isn't important.

The spaces are important in the script and a carriage return after the last entry.