Formula field IF statement

Amail

I'm trying to make a watermark visible when the "Approved" attribute in the titleblock is blank and invisible when the attribute has a value. I want the logic to be:

=(If (isblank (attrib)),"In Process","")

I can't seem to make this work.

Alternatively, I could have the watermark on a layer whose visibility is controlled by the presence or absence of a value in that attribute.

Any ideas? :cry:

Welcome to CadTutor . :)

From Help Document .

Check the DXF 70 of the attribute definition .

Attribute flags:

1 = Attribute is invisible (does not appear)

2 = This is a constant attribute

4 = Verification is required on input of this attribute

8 = Attribute is preset (no prompt during insertion)

Welcome to CadTutor . :)

From Help Document .

Check the DXF 70 of the attribute definition .

No, that's not it. My problem isn't the visibility of the attribute. I want the visibility of a field in the drawing to be controlled by the contents of the attribute.

Basically, I want there to be a big "In Process" watermark permanently across the drawing UNLESS somebody has entered their initials in the "Approved" box.

I want this automated, not something that a user has to control via plot stamp or the like.

We have a "Issued for construction" lisp that updates all layout tabs so this method could change the "in progress " pretty easy, it uses a auto change an attribute value in a block. More than happy to post link if this would be usefull.

• 2 years later...
We have a "Issued for construction" lisp that updates all layout tabs so this method could change the "in progress " pretty easy, it uses a auto change an attribute value in a block. More than happy to post link if this would be usefull.

that would be helpful :D