bigtime whoops while upgrading

dbroada

under company recommendations I have un installed Acad 2011 and installed Acad 2013. It was generally less painful than normal until I tried to use my recenly compiled toolbar. None of the commands that were working are now working.

I figured it was something I did while upgrading so I have openned VB.Net express to look at the source. And guess what (possibly amoungst other things) I still have acdbmgd.dll & acmgd.dll pointing to a folder that no longer exists. No problem I thought. I will just delete the existing references and browse to the new ones.

Didn't work, I just get this....

whoops.jpg

HELP!!! (please)

--------------------------------------------------------

its all 32 bit if that makes any difference

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BlackBox

• dbroada

• Tyke

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR_bPUqOTHDYxv0Msf9kEDILKtiQGT-BFepguDaInrH9IlSlcTCcA

This should be relatively easy to fix... Start by making a backup copy of your project, then downloading, and installing the ObjectARX 2013 SDK. Next, remove the references you show above, and add the new ones from the new 2013 SDK folder, just be sure to add a new AcCoreMgd.dll reference also, as 2013 introduced 'the big split'.

If doing this doesn't work for your plug-in, perhaps it would be prudent to instead start a new project using the AutoCAD .NET 2013 Wizard plug-in template, and copy your code into the new project in pieces to debug at each step.

Separately, for when you get around to it, here's more on Core Console (AcCoreMgd.dll).

Edited by BlackBox

Thank you Marvin, I will try that. Or at least I will once the final 1% downloads.....

[MarvinVoice]

I could calculate the chances of your being successful... But you wouldn't like it.

[/MarvinVoice]

:P

Also worthy of note, now that you're using 2013, Autoloader is an available delivery mechanism for your plug-in(s)... I believe I offered you link(s) to some useful information on this, if you can't find it (should you be interested), let me know, and I'll re-post. :beer:

*spits coffee all over my keyboard* :rofl:

which Marvin voice though. Your one isn't as depressing as the Stephen Moore one.

... I should think that's a good thing, given your situation. :P

OK, totally out of my depth now. FORTRAN was so much easier.

I don't mind starting from new again (at least that way I can leave out some of the painfully bad bits). I am currently using Visual Basic 2008 express and your Wizard wants to see Express 2010. I was using 2008 as the Jerry Winter start files would only work with the 2008 version. I may be gone for some time, but I'll be back.

I didn't realize you were still using 2008, especially as I've never read Jerry's book.

Currently, developing for Civil 3D 2011, and 2012, I use Visual Studio 2010 Express at work. At home, where I have ADN license, I am developing for AutoCAD 2013, and 2014 products using Visual Studio 2012 Express, and you could do same as the only requirement is that you make the correct ObjectARX SDK assembly reference(s) (obviously), and change the project's targeted .NET Framework version for the application you're developing for (i.e., if 2013, target .NET 4.0, etc.).

I am actually starting to prefer VSE 2012 over 2010 now (the more I use it at home), especially as they have one application for all languages now, whereas VSE 2010 has a separate install for each C++, C#, and VB.NET... When we upgrade to Civil 3D 2014 shortly, I'll definitely be requesting VSE 2012 as well (for work).

I'M BACK!!!!

I'm now on VB Express 2010 and since Jerry Winter's class modules don't load I have made my own and imported the first bit of my previous code. No warnings or errors so I've either done it so wrong it can't cope or we are ready to go.

BUT (did you guess there was a but)

when I press the GO button I get this message...

whoops2.jpg

and I'm guessing its because I haven't told it where to look for AutoCAD. I can't find how. :cry:

alternatively it doesn't mean that and I need help. :cry:

VSE 2010 cannot successfully run debug, because you've attempted to debug a project that was started without the benefit of the Autodesk Wizard template, which handles that for you. You can do it manually (for each-and-every-project you ever create), or you can simply install the template, and start using that.

If Jerry's legacy template(s) will not port to VSE 2010, and you don't want to use the Autodesk 2013 .NET Wizard (just noticed I gave you the ObjectARX Wizard link above, in lieu of .NET - link fixed above, and added to left), then consider Spiderinnet1's AcadNetAddinWizard which is vastly more robust.

cold one? I drink red wine, should be room temperature.

I only have 14 hours before I get back to work. :beer:

:rofl:... Certainly; I consume plenty of red wine, most commonly mixed with the rare-medium-rare blood of that wonderful creature that used to have parents, which I just seared to perfection on my grill.

Mmmmm.... Argentinian skirt steak with chimichurri, a nice Malbec, and some chilled tomatillo gazpacho.

:beer: Thanks again BB.

I am now using Visual Basic Express 2010 with the AutoDesk Net Wizard. I am beginning to find my way around and will stay with this set up until I get lost again.

I have started a new project and transfered my (previously working) code into a new command and have hit problems. Rather than expanding this thread (which may be useful for others) I have posted yet another new thread. (I hope to see you there.)

Hi RM,

did you ever get VSE 2012 to work with any of the template wizards, and if so how. I've been playing around with VSE 2012 for a while now ut can't get it to show any AutoCAD templates.

I've even installed the AutoCAD 2014 SDK but that doesn't make any difference either.

I thought I just installed the template wizards as you normally would, but that should preclude the difficulty you're experiencing... I'll have to check it out and get back to you. As a work around, perhaps you could simply drop the templates from 2010 into 2012... My C# 2010 templates are located here:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0\Common7\IDE\V[b][color="red"]CS[/color][/b]Express\ProjectTemplatesCache\AutoCAD plug-in.zip.fld

As for the 2014 SDK, and possible new wizard, you may find my discussion with Kean here to be of some interest.

Separately, sorry for the long delay in getting back to you in our offline discussion... The number of nights I've ended up working until 2-4 AM is absurd :censored:

/rant

I tried your suggested workaround and did find a similar path. I copied them over into Microsoft Visual Studio 11.0, but when I started VSE 2012 the templates did not show up.

I checked out your question to Kean, we must just wait for his response.

Don't worry about the delay, I have a similar problem too at the moment.

I tried your suggested workaround and did find a similar path. I copied them over into Microsoft Visual Studio 11.0, but when I started VSE 2012 the templates did not show up.

Now that I've had a chance to check at home, Here's where my VSE 2012 has the 2013 wizard "AutoCAD 2013 plug-in" installed:

ct.vse.2012.templates.jpg