info on autocad and ipad

trini lawrence

• 1 month later...
AutoCAD, no. There is, however, AutoCAD WS in the App Store which might be the fit you're looking for.

I read on a site somewhere recently about full versions of Autodesk software running on an Ipad, I didn't pay much attention because I'm not as close to AutoCAD as i used to be.

I could not find the original link to what i read, but this link is the exact same thing

http://upandready.typepad.com/up_and_ready/2011/06/autocad-2012-full-on-ipad-yes-you-can.html

You could also use VNC "remote desktop control/ Virtual Network Computing" applications to access your desktop via internet connection, the only thing wrong with this is Delay.

The delay could range from 60 milliseconds to +500 milliseconds depending on the connection speed, and connection type (Hot spot, cellular/ 3g/ satellite/ LAN)

AutoCAD WS runs smooth on an iPad Mini, but it is far faar from full AutoCAD. For what it does though, it works fine.

Correct, as far as I know there is no full AutoCAD that runs on an ARM platform (iPad, iPhones, iPods, Droids and Windows 8 RT).

Correct, as far as I know there is no full AutoCAD that runs on an ARM platform (iPad, iPhones, iPods, Droids and Windows 8 RT).

Post # 3 is as close as you can get to full autocad

:roll:

Post # 3 is as close as you can get to full autocad

:roll:

Yeah that is just a different type of remote desktop so nothing new there. With that logic you can run Revit (insert whatever high end app) on the iPad ;)