Recommendations for Solidworks Tutorials

jiggly_jelloo

Can anyone recommend a site that has good solidworks tutorials? We are moving over to this software and I wanted to get a little familiar with it before I go on training.

I do have a pro/e background so I understand the parametric concepts, but really want to familiarize myself with the user interface.

Thanks,

Colleen

Check the links in JD Mather's signature. I just worked with the ones that are in Solidworks + JD's and was moving along quiet nicely, though now it's been awhile, I forgot most of it. Solidworks is much better than Pro E IMHO.

Thank you.

I am still waiting on IT to install the software....hopefully sometime this week. I wanted to watch/peruse through some tutorials to get a little familiar with the 'clicks'. From the demo's I have seen it is very similar to pro/e just a little bit different terminology. And it does seem much easier than pro/e....especially since my former company wasn't great at updating software, so we were using an older version.

I can't wait to start doing my design with this. I am looking forward to no longer having to update 10-15 dwgs everytime I make a minor design change!!

It seems that this web address now points to someone who makes doll clothing!

Really? :shock: It works ok with me, try googling solidworks lessons, to see if that works.

Really? :shock: It works ok with me, try googling solidworks lessons, to see if that works.

Hmmm. I did that as well, and when in the search results page it states Solidworks tutorials etc with the web address below, but when I click on the link....off to doll land!

I am trying to access it on an ipad so maybe that is the issue? My employer is very paranoid about viruses so we are very limited as to what we have access to via our pc's. I was able to get this site added on to my allowed list and some suppliers, but that is about it!

It's your iPad, the page is Flash and doesn't work with iStuff, but there are APPs to enable Flash on iPad, just search the APP Store.

• 2 months later...

http://www.solidprofessor.com

I know you have to pay for it, but the videos they have are some of the best that I've seen. Depending on the level of membership you choose, you can also get the CSWA adn CSWP prep course that will help you get ready for certification.