cleanup/optimize solid

andrius01

I'm trying to work with some geometry imported from another software. Somewhere there's a problem with drawing precision and imported geometry gets slightly warped. For example in the attached file four points of bottom face should be in the same plane, but they're out by 0.0006mm (in this case). Similar imprecision is evident on all sides (this should be a kind of a flat panel-type object with grooves cut on sides). Is there a way to get autocad to merge faces on a solid or somehow clean it up?

thanks!

Drawing2.dwg

What software is the model imported from? And what is it exported from the software as? Was it exported as a DWG, DXF, or 3DS?

It was exported from timber construction program called SEMA. Original file was .dxf (.3ds is also available) and the object was exported as polymesh (that's the only object type possible). Then to convert it to solid I used Polyhedral Mesh to Solid plugin from codedog.

I used Autodesk Inventor.

The part is easy - you could have remodeled in AutoCAD in a few minutes.

You can tell the source of an ACIS (*.sat) file by opening in Notepad and examining the header.

Inventor.PNG

Well, the problem is that there's a few hundred of such parts, so remodeling everything is kind of a last resort option

What was the original source program.

What was the file extension of the imported data?

Can you attach an original file (before import) here?

Can the source give you a different format?

Original source program - SEMA (software for timber construction design). The part I posted is a part of a large cross laminated timber stucture and .dwg file with solid object is necessary for production. Original file is SEMA specific and cannot be opened in other software. It is possible to export objects as .dxf .3ds and .stl formats, but the exported file seems to be slightly innacurate in all of them. I've attached original exported file (it's raw exported dxf, opened in autocad and saved as dwg, no other changes).

P000.dwg