MLeader Text Justification Issue

Croweyes1121

I have a dwg file here if anyone cares to tell me how to fix this...

I have two mleaders. Every variable matches exactly in the properties dialog. When you drag the leader arrow on the first object (the one on the left) from right to left, the text justification changes (justified left if the leader is on the left, and justified right if the leader is on the right). The second mleader, however, behaves differently. The text has a fixed justification to the right, regardless of how the leader is dragged. WHY is this happening? Yes, I can fix it by justifying the text manually, but I want to know why I can't get it to automatically adjust like the first mleader does. I cannot get it to do that to save my life. Any help?

LeaderProblem.dwg

• 2 weeks later...

Welcome to CADTutor. :)

Right you are, that is a weird one.

Were they both created on the same version?

Properties identical, seems to be one of those little cad anomalies.

The properties show one is left justified, the other right justified.

rkent if you drag the leader on the left hand one the justification changes, on the right hand one it does not.

Funny.

• 2 weeks later...
Were they both created on the same version?

That I'm not sure. It just seems maddening that, regardless of which version created an object, that I can't get it to behave identically to another. We're seeing a lot of the misbehaving leaders in our construction drawings, and we're trying to find some way of changing them all to the ones that function properly aside from having to physically replace each and every one with functional versions.

Maybe the weird one has been mirrored. I have experienced bizarre behavior from mirrored leaders and mleaders. A lot of people will mirror a leader when they want one facing the other way. It is a tiny bit faster than creating a new one, but it apparently can lead to trouble if you then drag it over the other way again, for some reason.

Dana, I thought you might have figured it out there, but when I tried mirroring both of them, the one on the left side

still worked just fine, and the one on the right also behaved in exactly the same way as before, good thought though! :beer:

Okay, here's a strange one, too. Take the text from the leader on the right (the one that doesn't function correctly) and paste it into the text content of the leader on the left. Once you paste content from the non-functioning one to the functioning one, it messes up the functioning one. This is SO weird!

Okay, here's a strange one, too. Take the text from the leader on the right (the one that doesn't function correctly) and paste it into the text content of the leader on the left. Once you paste content from the non-functioning one to the functioning one, it messes up the functioning one. This is SO weird!

There are big holes in the program code dude(that's a genderless "dude":lol: ), big ones. If we get this one figured out, we can work on why dimension nodes go all whacky on copied, moved, or mirrored sections of a drawing containing associative dimensions. It's as if the program code loses the new coordinates of the nodes, so the only place they can land is the prior coordinates.

At work, I have a computer full of drawing templates that someone built a few years ago. Every one of the danged things have leader styles all set up with a neat little lefty/righty pair of leaders that can be copied and have the text modified to suit. The text-lefty (right center just.) will change justification to left center when stretched far enough over to the right. The text-righty one won't change if dragged to China. These are not mleaders we are dealing with. The Cad manager refuses to let us use mleaders. It seems there are some OLD versions of AutoCAD still in use among our client base that can't deal with mleaders. I stopped asking about it after the first time.