• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sweiss

• RobDraw

• rkent

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

comparison.jpg

OK, first of all, I "solved" the problem by going around it. When a line in my structural drawing coincided with a screened line from my plan, I made sure that any plan lines that might coincide with structural lines would be in a layer with STRUCTURE in the name. So in my plans, the exterior walls - which are load-bearing - have the name wall-STRUCTURE. In the structural drawing, the lines overlap those plan lines, but I freeze the plan layer. So no lines overlap. This is not the way it should have to work. The image I show two snips of the drawings - same portion. The left shows part of the walls, at the lower right corner, being shaded even though the structural lines that overlap them ARE there, and ARE supposed to print dark. The right side shows how it should look, and how it DOES look with the exterior walls from the plan drawing frozen. This is the first time, however, that SOME of the walls (on the left) read as they should with nothing frozen. Usually ALL of the exterior walls, if they coincide with the plans' walls, turn out screened, not bold. I have no idea what s going on. If you cannot figure this out, or if this is too damned convoluted, I can just do my runaround and keep creating layers to be frozen. I am almost done with these anyway. I just know there is a better way than having to freeze layers from my plan when it is xrefed into the structural...... Thanks for whatever you can do or did. My huge concern is now why I cannot edit archstyle in my R2004 drawings anymore.....another thread I began a few days ago and it seems to have hit a wall.

Without the actually being able to get into the file with your settings, I'm afraid I can't offer anymore guesses. It shouldn't be too hard to figure out. There is obviously something in your settings that is wrong and I've hit on everything AutoCAD that I can think of. Maybe it's in the plotter settings?

Edited by RobDraw

Post a portion of the actual .dwg file, we can't use images to trouble shoot this.

We are talking about plotting and not just how it looks on screen, right?

Yes, I am concerned about the plot image, not the way it looks on the screen, but I can tell by what I see on the screen whether it is going to work or not. How do I post a dwg on this site? Damn....I even need help getting help.....