Is there a way to show the default planes

jiggly_jelloo

Is there a way to display the 3 default planes (front, top and right) when you are assembling parts?

I come from a pro/e background and we tried to constrain most of our stuff to the default datum planes, but I havent discovered how to do this in solidworks as of yet(if it is possible)!!

Thanks,

Colleen

@jiggly - you can show / hide those planes by right clicking on it under FeatureManager of SW then click on the eyeglasses icon to show/hide the planes refer on the picture below.Regards

sho&hidefinal.jpg

Thanks!

I take it there isn't a way to show them all at once in one assembly. One has to go into each individual part and show/hide the planes.

Thanks!

I take it there isn't a way to show them all at once in one assembly. One has to go into each individual part and show/hide the planes.

I (almost) never ever have my planes shown as it clutters up the screen. You can still use them even if they are hidden.

Click on the + symbol at end of arrow shown to expand the browser and then as you put your mouse over hidden planes in the browser they highlight in the graphics window so you know which one to pick.

For your second question you might simply need to flip the mate solution (mate or flush) aligned or anti-aligned.

Planes.png

Thank you. I managed to get them facing the proper direction by aligning the planes, but for some reason it won't let me constrain to them. I picked some other constraints to get them place, but I am still struggling to get them fully constrained. I guess it will have to do for now until I figure it out and can come back and get them fixed up. Not the proper way to do it, but sometimes you just have to make things work!!

• 11 months later...