Stationing

student21

I found a routine that I would like to use that does what I need it to do except that it puts numbers at vertices but I need it to give civil engineering stations instead starting with 0+00. Can anyone figure out how to code it?

(Please see attached)

Thanks

TEST-12.lsp

Since you're not using Civil 3D (which does all of this for you), why not just setup a typical "Station" block, and insert using the Measure Command, and be sure to select 'Yes' for 'Align to Object' prompt? :unsure:

I checked all of the "chainage" routines and they only do the stationing at specified lengths. I am looking for a routine that will place "text" stations at the vertices and end points.

Try this quickly written program:

[color=GREEN];; Station  -  Lee Mac[/color]
[color=GREEN];; Generates station labels at every vertex of selected LWPolylines.[/color]

([color=BLUE]defun[/color] c:station ( [color=BLUE]/[/color] *error* d e h i p s x )

([color=BLUE]defun[/color] *error* ( msg )
       ([color=BLUE]if[/color] ([color=BLUE]=[/color] 'int ([color=BLUE]type[/color] d)) ([color=BLUE]setvar[/color] 'dimzin d))
       ([color=BLUE]if[/color] ([color=BLUE]not[/color] ([color=BLUE]wcmatch[/color] ([color=BLUE]strcase[/color] msg [color=BLUE]t[/color]) [color=MAROON]"*break,*cancel*,*exit*"[/color]))
           ([color=BLUE]princ[/color] ([color=BLUE]strcat[/color] [color=MAROON]"\nError: "[/color] msg))
       )
       ([color=BLUE]princ[/color])
   )

([color=BLUE]setq[/color] d ([color=BLUE]getvar[/color] 'dimzin))
   ([color=BLUE]setvar[/color] 'dimzin 0)

([color=BLUE]setq[/color] h
       ([color=BLUE]list[/color]
          '(00 . [color=MAROON]"TEXT"[/color])
          '(72 . 1)
          '(73 . 2)
           ([color=BLUE]cons[/color] 40 ([color=BLUE]getvar[/color] 'textsize))
           ([color=BLUE]cons[/color] 07 ([color=BLUE]getvar[/color] 'textstyle))
       )
   )
   ([color=BLUE]if[/color] ([color=BLUE]setq[/color] s ([color=BLUE]ssget[/color] '((0 . [color=MAROON]"LWPOLYLINE"[/color]) (-4 . [color=MAROON]"<NOT"[/color]) (-4 . [color=MAROON]"&="[/color]) (70 . 1) (-4 . [color=MAROON]"NOT>"[/color]))))
       ([color=BLUE]repeat[/color] ([color=BLUE]setq[/color] i ([color=BLUE]sslength[/color] s))
           ([color=BLUE]repeat[/color] ([color=BLUE]setq[/color] x ([color=BLUE]cdr[/color] ([color=BLUE]assoc[/color] 90 ([color=BLUE]entget[/color] ([color=BLUE]setq[/color] e ([color=BLUE]ssname[/color] s ([color=BLUE]setq[/color] i ([color=BLUE]1-[/color] i))))))))
               ([color=BLUE]setq[/color] p ([color=BLUE]vlax-curve-getpointatparam[/color] e ([color=BLUE]setq[/color] x ([color=BLUE]1-[/color] x))))
               ([color=BLUE]entmake[/color]
                   ([color=BLUE]append[/color] h
                       ([color=BLUE]list[/color]
                           ([color=BLUE]cons[/color] 01 (station ([color=BLUE]vlax-curve-getdistatparam[/color] e x)))
                           ([color=BLUE]cons[/color] 10 p)
                           ([color=BLUE]cons[/color] 11 p)
                       )
                   )
               )
           )                        
       )
   )
   ([color=BLUE]setvar[/color] 'dimzin d)
   ([color=BLUE]princ[/color])
)

([color=BLUE]defun[/color] station ( x [color=BLUE]/[/color] n )
   ([color=BLUE]strcat[/color] ([color=BLUE]itoa[/color] ([color=BLUE]fix[/color] ([color=BLUE]/[/color] x 100.0)))
       ([color=BLUE]if[/color] ([color=BLUE]minusp[/color] x) [color=MAROON]"-"[/color] [color=MAROON]"+"[/color])
       ([color=BLUE]if[/color] ([color=BLUE]<[/color] ([color=BLUE]setq[/color] n ([color=BLUE]abs[/color] ([color=BLUE]rem[/color] x 100.0))) 10.0)
           ([color=BLUE]strcat[/color] [color=MAROON]"0"[/color] ([color=BLUE]rtos[/color] n 2 2))
           ([color=BLUE]rtos[/color] n 2 2)
       )
   )
)

([color=BLUE]vl-load-com[/color]) ([color=BLUE]princ[/color])

@BIGAL, I think you mean www.theswamp.org ;)

• 5 weeks later...

Thanks Lee Mac, It works. Only one thing to be fixed if you can. In the routine I sent "Test-12.lsp" it would align the station text (1+00) with the irregular line or polyline. Thanks