revsurf?

imtrying

I'm trying to draw a solid object. I have the top and bottom base, and all I want is to loft that thing, but when I do, it only lofts the limits - it results in a hollow object.

So... yea, help! D:

cadhelp.jpg

Read the command line. What is MOde set to?

Are the splines closed?

Attach the file here and the answers would already be known.

This geometry appears to be imported. Regardless, working with weighted splines (Rational B-Splines) is a bit of a handful in AutoCAD. You may be better off re-drawing the profiles using simple entities where possible.

See the attached. The profiles were re-drawn, converted to Regions (the Regions are on a layer currently turned off) and lofted. A couple of additional planes allowed for a SurfSculpt call.

helpViaRegions.dwg

Aw

Wouldn't it be better to just make the spline plannar? Like, is there a command there I'd choose all the z (for instance) coordinates of all the dots of some line, or a command to give me their projection in a plan of my choice (the yx, in this case)?

Thanks SEAN, though I still want to fix what I have, so I don't have this problem next time :S

Simple entities like which? Plines and arcs and so? I used splines because I want to see the curves, but yea, later I learned that I can "soften" the pline by converting(?) to a spline (pedit).

Problem solved as I can redraw - yey :D

Thanks! :D