Stretch Command Functioning Differently

Many many times have i used the stretch command without any dramas.

I now have a new PC with AUTOCAD 2010. Since the upgrade my stretch command seems to act differently.

If i go to stretch a polyline with some sort of arc joined. no part of the arc inside the window will move.

Please see the picture atatched for better detail.

Stretch.jpg

Why does it now stretch in this manor?

I believe this is because you constraint the objects. Check if your CONSTRAINTINFER value. Set it to 0.

Try to draw the same object and stretch it again.

Note: I use AutoCAD 2014. I know parametric is added in 2010, but I'm not sure if there is infer constraint option.

Infer constraint will constraint your objects automatically. Check if it's on. If it is, turn it off and try to draw again.

Type CONSTRAINTINFER [enter] type 0 then [enter].

I have noticed if i draw a rectangle fillet the corners and stretch i have no issue.

Now if i have two seperate polylines perpendicular to each other and fillet the point they meet, or draw an arc in the corner trim and join i end up with the strange result.

if i have one polyline drawn as one. one vertical one horizontal

and fillet it works fine.

it seems to me that it is when two seperate polylines are joined and an arc is involved it works incorrectly.

I tried to post to this on Friday but it crashed on me. I opened your DWG and tried stretching the objects. I got no unusual results, especially none like you show in your DWG. However, I am running 2012, not 2010. It looks like CONSTRAINTINFER was added in 2011. I do not know what the problem might be. The standard question to ask is, have you installed the latest service pack for 2010?