creating internal room elevations in 3D building model

mech

Hi!

I have a 3D model from a floor of a building, with 20 rooms on this floor. I have 3D blocks inserted as furniture for each of the rooms and want to create elevations from inside these rooms looking at the 4 walls to show the layout.

How can I position the viewports within each of the rooms to give me a 2D Elevation?

You might also want to check out the SECTIONPLANE and VIEWBASE commands for creating 2D drawings from your 3D model.

OK, having tried all 3 mentioned above I came close with the SECTIONPLANE command..... I just needed this explanation from pumasan to fill the gap from drawing a plane in the plan to getting it into a viewport:

All good, figured it out,

1) Create the main model drawing and saved it

2) Create a template drawing with the standard paperspace + viewports

3) Using XREF call the model and live section it as needed, proceed as normal

4) repeat for each sectioning required

I really dont know why I didnt look into this earlier, this works beautifully. When I make a alteration to the model every other drawing is updated when opened.

Thanks for your help REMark! 8)