If clauses in autocad table

wrha

As far as I know, a Table formula cannot support an IF clause as available in Excel; however, you can alternatively use a DIESEL Field Expression which can use the IF function available in DIESEL.

EDIT: Alan beat me to it.

i use following formula it not working could you check

=$(if,D12*E12/1000000,1[,0]C12*D12*E12/1000000)

As far as I know, a Table formula cannot support an IF clause as available in Excel; however, you can alternatively use a DIESEL Field Expression which can use the IF function available in DIESEL.

EDIT: Alan beat me to it.

Yeah, but you had nice links.

i use following formula it not working could you check

=$(if,D12*E12/1000000,1[,0]C12*D12*E12/1000000)

I believe the 'then' & 'else' expressions of the DIESEL if function can only contain DIESEL expressions or fixed strings; I don't know if it is possible to reference table cells from within DIESEL expressions.

Yeah, but you had nice links.

:)

I believe the 'then' & 'else' expressions of the DIESEL if function can only contain DIESEL expressions or fixed strings; I don't know if it is possible to reference table cells from within DIESEL expressions.
Nope, you can't. Diesel fields don't allow nested fields, so referencing a cell address will also not be allowed.

@wrha: What is the "if" condition you're looking for? Perhaps it could be translated to become 1 if true and 0 if false - then you could simply multiply it to the rest of the formula.

Its formula could you check my xls sheet above
You mean the Consider / Don't Consider? If you have to use such piece of text, then unfortunately no.

Perhaps you could try something else: In your table you could have a cell where you type a 0 or a 1 to turn on consider / Don't Consider instead of having it written out as text?

Remember acad's tables aren't perfect. They're a far cry from a true spreadsheet.

Perhaps you could use the xlsx file and copy-link-as-acad-entities instead. Then your xlsx file is doing all the formula calcs, and the link displays the spreadsheet portions as tables in acad.