Station and offset after a change in alignment's direction.

rjohnson42

I'm not exactly sure how to word my question in the easiest-to-understand way, but here goes:

I have a centerline alignment for a roadway with no curves - only a single change in direction (1.12-degrees); see attached file. The wall that I'm generating geometry for is labeled with stations referencing the centerline. So, I'm using the stations and offsets provided in the contract drawings to create the wall alignment so that I can get the true length of the wall. The issue I'm coming across is that when I use the AddAlignOffLbl command to insert a point with the station and offset of the angle point in the wall's geometry (Sta. 28+63.71, 45.46' Rt.), C3D shows a different station and offset (Sta. 28+64.59, 45.45' Rt.). Why is C3D doing this?

Thanks in advance

Alignment_CT.dwg

Not sure what version of C3D you used to save your model, but I am unable to open it here... That said, it sounds like an issue due to your using AddAlignOffLbl Command... You might consider the difference(s) in using AddAlignOffXYLbl Command instead.

*Just a guess*

Cheers

Another guess. When C3D calculates the position of the "angle point," it gives the position in relation to the second segment, when you want it in relation to the first segment. Apart from Autodesk doing everything backwards, I can't explain why that would happen.

Another guess. When C3D calculates the position of the "angle point," it gives the position in relation to the second segment...

Is there any documentation on this? Do you know if it's possible to modify which segment the station is calculated from?

BlackBox, I'm using C3D 2013.