Second AutoCAD instance starting + Default Template at first open.

shoyur

I open and close DWG files, like 100 times a day, year long, if by mistake i open one while one is closing or saving, it freezes for 10sec and open a second AutoCAD... this is VERY annoying, is there a way to make windows QUEUE the opening request like any other program would do ?

Another secondary question, less important but still, each monday morning i open my pc, and i have a monstruous starting sequence that makes it all slow, most of the time im in a hurry and needs AutoCAD ready in the next seconds hehehe, so my question is what can i change to prevent AutoCAD from opening a template file, even if i start it with the call of a specific file, it tried to open Drawing1... first, and that takes another 30sec to wait cause at first boot, my very good pc is extremely slow for at least 4-5min.

Many thanks ! :)

If you mean to open multiple files in one AutoCAD, you can try to change SDI to 0.

For the second question, you have that option if you use AutoCAD 2012 or later. Change STARTUP variable to 2.

You can change it to 1 to get a startup dialog box. AutoCAD will ask you for new or open file.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, thank you for the answer, but they both dont work :(

SDI is already at 0. but.. i didnt meanopen multiple files, i said if i open a file while one is saving, simply.

and for the 2nd answer, the value 2 doesnt exist, only 0 or 1, and putting it to 1 doesnt help, i can only press cancel and it still loads a template,...

Thank you .

There is plenty advice to be found online regarding how to disable AutoCAD from loading Drawing1.dwg if you just look.

If you're computer takes almost 5 minutes to boot up something is seriously wrong. You probably have too many processes trying to load during startup. Once again, there is all kinds of information on how to weed out processes and programs that don't really need to start when you first boot up a computer. I know PC World has covered this topic several times and further information can be found at the Microsoft website too.