Print answer to command line.

Hippe013

Hello all.

Looking to find the system variable that controls the following.

On the command line I type

(/ 5.0 0.02)

The return doesn't print to the command line. If I do the same on the text window the return is printed.

Any help would be appreciated.

regards,

Hippe013

I think it has to do with the variable which controls how many lines appear in your command window. Don't know it off hand. Mine does this too because I want all the real estate the screen can spare for my drawing area. You can set the command window to be taller, or just stretch it with your mouse. I notice that sometimes the answers appear in my two line tall command window and sometimes they don't. When they don't, I just hit F2 and open the text window. It's a bloody drag, but like I said, my preference is for every square cm of drawing space on the monitor.

Thank for the reply. But that is not it. Doesn't matter the size of my command line.
Sounds mysterious. Maybe show a screenshot of your command line window activity and then one of the Textscreen Window. Are you saying that it does not show up even when you switch to the Textscreen, that is, that it only works if you first switch to the Textscreen, then do the math?

This is curious, as changing neither CMDECHO, nor NOMUTT prevents the above math expression's result from being displayed on my command line.

Yes, it is curious,

My AutoCAD2011, 2012, 2013, & 2014 all return the answer on the command line, but AutoCAD MEP2013 does not?

My AutoCAD2011, 2012, 2013, & 2014 all return the answer on the command line, but AutoCAD MEP2013 does not?
Curiouser and curiouser! Could there be some sort of built in (princ) for LISP in those add-ons. Echoing to the command line was an irritant for perfectionists, so can be any extra blank returns. I'd thought EXPERT might be involved, but I didn't see a change.

I had this same problem earlier the week. While working on some lisps my command line stopped echoing as your did.

I changed my workspace profile on 2013 (where I had the issue) and revered back to 2012 which I still had installed on my machine, to finish debugging.

After seeing your post, I went back to check and see if that would work yet to my surprise, the command line was back working.

I had checked NOMUTT and CMDECHO and both were set correctly.

I'm using the same acaddoc.lisp in everything, so I don't think it's a lisp in my case, other than that, MEP is basically using the default settings.

Here's an animation to that shows the different behavior

NoAnswer.gif

On my system, changing NOMUTT in vanilla AutoCAD had no affect on whether the answer was displayed on the command line, but in MEP, it does.

*Edit* After restarting, MEP behaves the same as Vanilla, including NOMUTT, so I agree that it's a probably a "built in" lisp in the verticals.

Edited by nestly

try to change the System variable CLIPROMPTUPDATE to 1

Neat idea, but the OP is using 2009, and this is what I get in 2011:

Command: (setvar 'clipromptupdate 1)
; error: AutoCAD variable setting rejected: CLIPROMPTUPDATE 1

Command:

... Which suggests this system variable wasn't implemented until 2012-2014.

Thank you everyone for the replies. I changed "nomutt" to 1. Then it worked. Then I changed "nomutt" back to 0. And it still works. WTF!!!

Thank you everyone. Either way its working now and away I go.

BTW I am using C3D 2013 and should update my profile to reflect that.

Glad you got it sorted. :beer:
Yes, glad it's working now.:) It's still strange, given that you changed the setting back with no effect. If you figure out more, be sure to post it.

Neat idea, but the OP is using 2009, and this is what I get in 2011:

Command: (setvar 'clipromptupdate 1)
; error: AutoCAD variable setting rejected: CLIPROMPTUPDATE 1

Command:

... Which suggests this system variable wasn't implemented until 2012-2014.

Read too fast, thought nestly was the OP, my bad :oops:

Henrique

Read too fast, thought nestly was the OP, my bad :oops:

No worries, Henrique :beer:... You thought of an applicable System Variable that I didn't even know existed. :kudos: