pdf not showing on final plot

TKall

Hello everyone,

I have a simple question. I have copied an pasted a pdf into model space to show in a viewport for the finished sheet. The pdf appears just like I want it in the viewport and when I do a preview it looks fine. However when I plot the final pdf (dwg to pdf) the viewport is blank. But, the pdf shows up in at leaset one other viewport on the sheet. I appreciate your help.

Tom

I've had problems similar to this before. The trouble was the printer didn't have enough ram/memory to page/cache the print job (as the attached pdf/image makes it significantly larger).

You could trying setting the option "print as image" in your printer properties, which will reduce the quality a bit although it might then print.

I thought it might be a memory problem. In fact, I received an adobe out of memory message so I closed everything and restarted my computer. I guess at 32 GB I still need more RAM. The problem persisted so I deleted the viewports and added new ones. In the layout everything looks good. In print preview everything looks good. When I print to pdf however, the one viewport only shows the text i added in paper space, nothing from model space, and, if i have four viewports two of the others show a portion of the model space components and one of the viewports( on the lower right corner) shows everything. the same pattern occurs with three viewports, Top and bottom left nothing, bottom right...it's all there.

Remark....I hate adobe products. None of their stuff fits my brain.

The dwg is about 2 megs and the pdf is 165 k

It wouldn't be as confusing if the pasted object was not appearing in any of the viewports. But it shows up in one just not the others

Would you be willing to share a copy with us? Maybe someone here can run a test plot on their printer and report back the results.

So you are using Adobe Acrobat or are you creating the PDF directly from within AutoCAD itself?

I am creating the pdf from within AutoCAD. I don't really want to post the dwg to a public forum. I would share it privately if it is kept off the forum....It has my secret blend of 11 herbs and spices.