Help with LIST command

350Ind

Hello,

I am trying to export attributes from an autocad file using LIST and I keep running into trouble with the file cutting out data. I am wondering if there is a way to print the LIST file that AutoCAD creates to a text file so that I can get all of the data in one go instead of having to repeatedly "Press ENTER to continue:"

Any help is appreciated!

Thanks

Hit Enter going through all List tabs.

Then hit F2.

Highlight select from bottom to top and Ctrl V

You might have to bounce the mouse at the top to get the screen to scroll.

Now wait for a pro to come along and tell us a better way.

There is too much data to hit enter as it cuts out the top X amount, so i have to hit enter, copy, paste, Enter, Copy Paste etc.. .

I found a command to use called LogFileOn and then run the LIST command which printed to a text file.

The Data Extraction doesn't work because I need to export a global width, x, y, and z, and vertex information and I can't find a function that will allow me to extract all of that data simultaneously.

Thank you for your help!

There is too much data to hit enter as it cuts out the top X amount, so i have to hit enter, copy, paste, Enter, Copy Paste etc.. .

I found a command to use called LogFileOn and then run the LIST command which printed to a text file.

The Data Extraction doesn't work because I need to export a global width, x, y, and z, and vertex information and I can't find a function that will allow me to extract all of that data simultaneously.

Going the Copy + Paste route (with, or without LogFile) is a redundantly manual task... Can you provide an example of what you're after specifically, perhaps even for what entity types, etc.?

Just as an example of what can be done with LISP, Civil 3D in particular, is my routine here... In any event, I can probably offer you a solution that does exactly what you're after, with the right information.

Cheers